WEEK 1 // ‘Making Room for the Vulnerable’
Reflection & Discussion Questions
Watch the sermon
Paul Manning started by sharing from John 10:10 “A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.”
- Reflect on your own life – what are the things that try to destroy and kill your ability to have abundant life?
- When you think about others around the world, what do you think is destroying their ability to experience abundant life?
Read Luke 13:10-17
3. What can we learn about God’s intentions for the Sabbath day?
4. What do we learn about how we are to care for those that bear God’s image from this passage?
Paul Manning challenged us to make room this Christmas for the vulnerable by offering HOPE and JUSTICE, practising GENEROSITY, and facilitating RENEWAL.
5. How can you offer hope and justice?
6.How can you practice generosity?
7. What would facilitate renewal look like in your family? Your neighbourhood? Our greater world?
8. How can you help facilitate renewal?