WEEK 1 // The Place of Holy Habits
Reflection & Discussion Questions
Bible reading: 2 Peter 1:3-9
- The focus this week is on the place of holy habits in our lives. Following Jesus means learning from Him how to arrange my life around holy habits that enable us to walk as He walked. What is a habit that has helped you in following Jesus?
- What stands out to you from what Peter says in the verses from this week’s Bible Reading?
- Reflecting on verse 3 and the power of God giving us everything we need for life and godliness, why does God’s power make such a difference in our lives of seeking to follow Jesus?
- Reflecting on verse 4 and the great and precious promises of God, why do they also make such a difference in our lives of seeking to follow Jesus?
- Reflecting on verses 5-7, and in particular Peter’s instruction to us to ‘make every effort’, why is effort and discipline on our part also so important in staying focused on walking as Jesus walked?
- What kind of things can get in the way of us being attentive to holy habits in our lives?
- Reflecting on verses 8-9, why are the place of holy habits in our lives so important? Refer also to Galatians 4:19.